Monday, October 13, 2014

Gluten Free Pumpkin Buttermilk Bundt Cake

Pin It



             Pumpkin Buttermilk Bundt Cake
    
     So, this last weekend I attended the Gluten Free Expo in our area, it's always great to see and taste the new products that are being developed each year.  This year was a bonus, I was able to take my newly diagnosed niece with myself, and my good sport of a daughter.  Some things are still super nasty tasting, and others just get better tasting all the time; I really do feel bad for the poor people who were diagnosed years and years ago! Thank goodness(and sadly)  Celiacs and gluten intolerance have become much more common and talked about!!  If you are able to attend a Gluten Free Expo in your area, go, you'll be happy you did!
     Now onto this most delicious cake...so I was scouring Pinterest as usual, and I decided it was time to master a Bundt Cake!  Thanksgiving and Christmas are both coming up soon, and I know a lot of people really don't like Pumpkin Pie (also not my favorite) and we GF must supply desserts for these up coming Holiday events; who said you have to have a pie?!  If you are like me and don't love pie, try this cake, IT IS TO DIE FOR!!!! I took it to my Bunko group, and didn't tell anyone I made it, everyone asked who made the DELICIOUS cake!  I was so excited when I got to tell everyone it was me!!   Try this the Brown Butter Icing, it will have you licking the plate!! 
              Happy Baking, Natalie


Ingredients:
Adapted from The Baker Chick
-3/4 softened butter
-3/4 sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-3 large eggs
-1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
-3/4 cup Buttermilk
-1/4 tsp Cloves
-2 tsp Cinnamon ( I used 1 1/2 tsp)
-2 1/4 cups Pamela's Bread Flour mix
-2 tsp Baking soda
-2 tsp Baking powder

Browned Butter Icing ingredients-
-1/2 cup butter
-2 cups powdered sugar
-2 tsp vanilla
-2-4 tsp milk


How to:
-First mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
-Next in a mixer or large bowl, add your butter, sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy. 
-Then add your vanilla, eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk and mix on medium until they are all incorporated and smooth, then scrape the sides .
-Lastly add in the dry mixture slowly until it is all mixed in, and the flour is not visible. 
For the icing-
-In a sauce pan add the butter and turn it to medium, stir until it starts to lightly brown. Turn off the heat.
- Next add the vanilla, stir in the powdered sugar, then add milk as needed. 
-Now add to the cake while the icing is WARM, then serve and enjoy!!!

     Preheat oven 350 degrees, spray with Pam, then I dusted mine with flour too. Use a 10 inch Bundt pan. Spread it out evenly in the pan. Bake on the center rack for 60-63 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean. I cooled mine on a cooling rack for a hour, then tipped it out. 

***These are some of my VERY favorite treats in the world!!! I know shocking, I don't just eat dessert...I eat savory foods too!! Asian food is my most favorite of any food, and these are so good, I have to fight my 14 yr. old Gluten eating son for these!!! ***




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a baking mix from Aldo would that work in place of Pamela's?

Natalie said...

@Maribel Dayoub, you know, I just barely converted this recipe from gluten full, to GF. This is the flour brand I really like, plus a few of my gluten full relatives have had reactions to some other brands (so I just use Pamela's) but I would love to hear how it turns out with the Aldo Mix, please let me know, then I can update it on my blog. Thanks so much for stopping by, Natalie