Saturday, July 5, 2014

Gluten Free Lunch Lady Bars

Pin It
                                        Lunch Lady Bars
 
     So I made Peanut Butter Bars a couple of years ago, they were great; however, I have found quite a few people have Almond allergies so I decided to go in and re-vamp the recipe.  So now I have two different Peanut Butter recipes, they are both Fantastic, just choose the one you like better!! 
     This Summer so far has kicked my butt, I've been trying to re-vamp a few recipes and make some new ones, and dang it's been one challenge after another! I will however come out on top, the problem is, I want them to look and taste just like the Gluten full versions do.... and so far my tasting committee has informed me, they are NOT there yet! I agree. :(  But I am not putting anything on my Blog that I wouldn't eat myself and feed the neighborhood.  
     I hope everyone is having a safe and happy Summer!  Happy Baking, Natalie

 Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup peanut butter (I like Skippy, it is GF)  
- 1 TB vanilla 
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs                                                    
- 2 cups GF whole oats
- 3 cups Pamela's Bread flour mix
 
How to:
-Beat the butter and sugars until they are fluffy.
-Next add the peanut butter, vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
-Then  add the eggs and mix in, next your oats, stir them in well and then lastly your flour.
-When everything is done, use a 17x13 in pan ( I spray it with Pam just in case) and press the dough into the pan as evenly as possible.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 18 min, it will be a light golden color.  Don't over bake it, or it will be dry.  Let it cool for about an hour before frosting. 


Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
-  5 TBS cocoa (I use dark cocoa)
-  1tsp. vanilla 
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
-  Dash of salt 
- Add milk to make it the consistency you  like.

 These are my favorite things for sure this week! I am in love with my new Nike Runs, they are AWESOME!!











No comments: