Friday, May 30, 2014

Gluten Free Carmelita Bars

Pin It

                                                       Carmelita Bars

  I had a chance recently to remake this recipe, and I've made a few changes that I think are much better!! This is one of my husbands very favorite desserts, he would love it if I made this once a month, however; my butt and waist cannot eat this that often!!!  Oh man I did absolutely love this, the caramel was gooey and the oatmeal was chewy, which was exactly what I wanted!  Every once and awhile you need to tweak a recipe and make it a little bit better.
     I've been trying to re-do a peanut butter cake, and man, so far it has been failing like crazy; the taste is DELICIOUS, but I've got to get the texture and boil over factor under control....my husband just came home to the burn smell again, and said he was banning me from cooking! Ya, Right!!  
     I'm so happy school is out, it's been a nightmare trying to bake, post and help kids get their end of School things done! YAAAAAAYYY!!!! This is one happy mom!  
Happy Baking, Natalie



Ingredients:

2 cups sugar

2 large eggs

1 cup butter softened

3  cups Whole Oats GF 

2 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread

1/2 tsp. salt

1 bag and half chocolate chips

To Make:
  1-Mix together sugar,butter, oatmeal, salt, Pamela's Bread mix, and eggs. When it's done, press half of the dough into the cookie sheet, (13 x18 inch greased sheet pan) cook the first portion for 10 min, then add the chocolate chips, when the caramel is done, pour the caramel over the chocolate chips and dough.  Sprinkle the rest of the dough on top.

2-Bake at 350 degrees for 25-27 minutes. Then cool on cooling rack and place in a fridge for 20 min to set the caramel.  They will be golden color, on the top.




  Caramel Topping:

-1 1/2 cups brown sugar

-1/4 tsp. salt

-1/3 cup butter

-3/4 cup light corn syrup

-1/2 cup heavy cream( I actually did not have whipped cream when I remade this, only sour cream and it worked just great!)

   Add the brown sugar, salt, butter and corn syrup in a large sauce pan. On a medium heat cook until all of the sugar crystals are dissolved, stir frequently. Then slowly add then cream and cook until caramelized, or if you have a candy thermometer soft ball stage.  This will take about 20 min, but it is so worth it!


One of my very Favorite things is Angie's Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn, it is Fantastic!!! I could eat the whole bag!










No comments: