Sunday, April 13, 2014

Gluten Free Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

Pin It

                     Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
     Well, I needed a treat to take to my sister in law's house this past weekend, while we helped them paint.  I hate going to anyone's house expecting them to fix dinner and make a Gluten Free treat, it really stresses them out!  So, I decided it was time for a batch of cookies, then my niece and nephew could have something portable to eat, that isn't too messy!!  I also like to use Holiday candy whenever possible just to make it fun.
     I can honestly say, I am a HUGE Pinterest girl, and that is where I have found a lot of my inspirations to bake.  At least I bake what I Pin, so the time is NOT wasted!  Sometimes the recipes do not turn out, but, hey that's life, right?!  These were super easy and very quick to make, plus I liked that I could put in whatever mix- ins that I wanted. Try these cookies, they were a hit with my niece and nephew; my nephew told his mom, I make better treats then she does! I say SCORE!!!   Happy Baking, Natalie

***Apparently Hershey's candy list came out and these made the non-GF list, however; they are on the Celiacs.com list as GF...so?? I have Celiacs and have eaten them for weeks and so have my friends,with no side effects...seriously, they were safe before, now I can't even trust packaging!!!  The package says nothing about being made in a contaminated factory or any wheat, add at your own RISK, put other fun things in them. Natalie
Ingredients:
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
-1 cup butter
-1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 1/2 tsp soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-3 tsp pure vanilla extract
-3 1/3 cups GF quick outs
-2 cups Pamela's Bread flour
-3 cups of mix-ins (I used Cadbury Mini Eggs and Chocolate chunks)

  You can add whatever you like, raisins,peanut butter chips, nuts,fruit chunks, toffee bits, candy bar pieces, M&M's, any GF candy you like....mix it up and see what combinations you can come up with.  I saved a couple of my mix-ins for the top, to look pretty.

 To Make:
-First cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
-Next add the vanilla, salt, soda and eggs mix in and scrape the sides.
-Then add  the oats and mix in, 
after add the flour and mix it until incorporated.
-Now add in whatever tasty mix-in you want and mix it up.
-Lastly put it all in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray your pans with Pam, bake for 10-12 depending on your oven, don't over cook, they will firm up as they cool. 
-I used a 1 TB measuring spoon to scoop them into balls, a slightly over filled spoon full. I rolled them into balls, then pushed them down slightly in the middle to help them spread, if you don't want them to spread and be a fatter thicker cookie, then don't push down the middle. 
-Take them off the pan and  cool on a rack or towels when done. 
  My favorite thing this week is... the IKEA Lingon Jam, oh man, put this with some goat cheese and crackers and it's winning combination.
 

No comments: