Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gluten Free Cherry Bars

Pin It







Cherry Bars

I decided I needed to find a bar that people who love Cherries, Apples,Blueberries etc. could make and use for all of the above. I've been searching for quite a while, and trying to find just the right combination; I have found this  a little difficult, because I HATE cooked fruit!! (this is a trait my father passed down and I apparently passed to my kids) I however, really do love this crust. So, if you like cooked fruit like my husband, and all the men he works with, choose your canned fruit of choice for ease of use, and here is is a Quick and Tasty dessert!!  See, I don't always make Chocolate and Nutella recipes....I do bake things that aren't my favorite just to make others happy, 
occasionally!  
Happy Baking, Natalie

Ingredients:adapted from Mom Foodie
- 1 cup butter
-3/4 cup plus 2 TBS sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp Almond extract
-2 large eggs
-3/4 cups quick oats (GF of course)
-1 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread Flour
-21oz. Wilderness brand,Cherry Pie filling
Glaze-
-milk or heavy cream
-powdered sugar

Directions:
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, in a greased 9x13 in glass pan.
-First cream together your butter and sugar, then add your salt, almond and soda.
-Next add your eggs mix well, then add your oats and flour, mix well, scrape the sides and bottom. 
-Take 1/2 of the crust and press it onto the bottom of the pan, then pour on the Cherry Pie filling and next crumble the rest of the crust onto the top of the cherry.
-Now Bake! Then eat warm with a glaze or with vanilla ice cream (Or even better when it's cold!). 
 
 These are some of my FAVORITE things, thank goodness for Blue Diamond!  I love these, my whole gluten loving family does too!!! 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1 3/4 cups of butter?
Is that right?
That's 1/4 c. short of a pound.
Just checking.

Natalie said...

@unknown -Thanks for the catch on the butter!! I corrected it, it's 1 cup of butter. Natalie