Saturday, March 8, 2014

Gluten Free Banana Snack Cake

Pin It






                          Banana Snack Cake


     I really like Banana cakes, and I will use any way I can to a Banana into my 13 year oldIt's a texture thing, I know a lot of kids don't like them for that reason, but amazingly they will eat them in a cake or bread.  This little cake is awesome and would work perfect for a picnic or family party, it has a nice dense texture, so you don't need a plate or fork...you can put it in a napkin and go!  Who doesn't want a portable treat!? 
      Every time I bake, I just can't wait to taste it and see how the taste and come out!  Lately, I haven't been disappointed, now if only when I went out to eat I could say the same!!! 
    I have recently found, the travel industry has heard our cries and they are improving their knowledge, quality of service and food that is being made available for us when we travel. I have found this through my own travels and my clients.  The Travel industry has realized, there are so many of us, and we want to travel and are willing to spend our hard earned money if they take care of us!  It's about time, we can't be ignored.  
Happy Baking, Natalie




Ingredients:
-2 large eggs
-1 cup butter
-1 cup sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
-1 1/2 cups ripe, smashed banana 
-1 cup quick oats
-3/4 cup Buttermilk
-2 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread Flour 
-1 cup Chocolate chips (optional, I did not)
-1/2 cup nuts (optional, I did not)


To make:
-Get a 9x13 inch pan and spray it with Pam, Preheat your oven to 375 degrees-Bake for 30-33 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
--Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. 
-Next add salt, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and mix well.
-Then add the bananas and mix, scrape the sides. Then add the eggs, and buttermilk and mix.
-Next add the oats and then the flour and mix well. Add your chocolate chips if you want and nuts now. Scrape the sides, then pour into the pan and bake.
-Cool completely, you can either frost or just eat plain.
 


 Cream Cheese Frosting:
I like to color my frosting, just for fun!!
- 1 package room ( 8oz.) temperature cream cheese
- 1 cube butter(softened) 1/2cup
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups powdered sugar( depending on how sweet you like it)
 -1 dash salt
 - milk as needed(or whipped cream, I love what it does!)

      Beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy, then add vanilla, and salt.  Next add powdered sugar and mix together, add milk if it gets too thick.  Beat well.  I put a layer of frosting in the middle of the cakes, and then tops and sides.  If you want it to look really clean and nice, put wax paper underneath the cake, then pull it out when you are done and it will look like Martha Stewart did it( I learned the tip from her).  I make this recipe, it makes a lot, if I don't use it all I put it in a sealed container in the freezer and get it out for the next time I need to frost something, it works great when your in a hurry.   


This is one of my favorite things! Cream Cheese, it makes everything taste so much, I am not a Butter Cream fan.


No comments: