Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gluten Free Mini Banana Cream Pies

Pin It

                                                  

 Mini Banana Cream Pies-           
The pictures are horrendous, but the pies are individual servings of tasty goodness! These came about on Christmas Day, I was told to bring  a dessert to share    with 40 plus people.   All of my relatives, this is how a picture of how the nieces and nephew's turns out, it looks like a Circus!  At least it's a fairly cute Circus! 




My very FAVORITE thing about the holidays are lights!  I wish everywhere I went, I saw  twinkle lights, lighting a path down the sidewalks, lining the building  and dripping from trees like stars in the sky.  If by chance we could have some soft snow falling,  a sleigh with horses gliding by some carolers singing in the early 1900's garb you'd have my fantasy Christmas!!  Hey, a girl can dream!  Now on to the easy peasy recipe.  Happy Baking, Natalie

Ingredients:
-2 cups crushed Graham Crackers( I pureed them in the processor)
-1/3 cup sugar
-4 TB melted butter
-24 cupcake cups
-1 (8oz)brick cream cheese softened (room temp) 
-1/4 cup powdered sugar
-2 jello 3.4 oz Banana pudding (make ahead and put in the fridge)
-1 to 2 large bananas depending on how bananaeee you like it!
-spray whip is easiest!


To make-
1-mix together the graham crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl.  Stir until mixed well.
2- I used a 1TBS measuring spoon to scoop out the graham mix into each cupcake cup, it rounded out the bottom and pushed up the sided and made a perfect bowl.
3- Bake for 10 min at 350 degrees (or until a golden brown color)
4- whip your cream cheese and 1/4 cup powdered sugar together until smooth, then add your pudding and beat until they are both thick and creamy. (this is so good!) 
5- chop up the bananas, then stir them in and  carefully add them to your crust.  Top however you like, then eat.   Keep them refrigerated, the crust will soften after after 2 days, but we ate it for 4, it was still tasty!!! 
 Just a word of CAUTION*** take  the crust out of the pans BEFORE you put your creamy filling in them, or you will end up wearing one, when you try and pull them out!! They will break, Yikes!!!  Lesson learned here, so you don't have to.
 
 

 


This week I want to share with you a few of my favorite People, I can't show you all of them (some pull  faces in pictures and make it impossible to post a picture they like!)  I love my family so much and I really appreciate all the love and support from my husband and kids.  They all have try everything I make whether they want to or not, and considering none of them are GF they have learned to love Gluten Free desserts!          
 I love you, Natalie
 








My kids Alex and Brayden, Dax and Brooks  sneaking soda, my niece the little Brook's wanting to take a selfie, and my brother in law Mike cutting a Christmas tree!

No comments: