Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gluten Free Frosted Flake Cookies

Pin It



                         Frosted Flake Cookies

     
      I have seen these cookies 50 times on Pinterest, and every time I think, Dang! I so want to make those cookies!!!   So I finally decided it was time to tackle the cookies, I had an Epic fail the first time, but that happens often!  So I set back to work and mastered these bad boys, and it was SO WORTH IT! they are addicting.   In case I haven't mentioned, I have a cookie addiction, I probably ate most of them all by myself, out of the fridge, breakfast, lunch and dinner; it's soooo bad, but they taste so good!
     Oh my gosh, I'm so excited I'm going on my second cruise since my Celiac diagnosis, very soon.  We are big travelers my family and I, so this has been an adventure.   I was so frustrated with the lack of anyone knowing about being GF that I got my Travel Agent license 6 months ago, so that I can help myself and other Gluten Free travelers have worry free experiences and educate the travel industry along the way!   I will take pictures of the food I get made especially for me, the cruise line and all of the Great hints and tips I learn, that I can share with everyone, so I hope you will forgive me when I miss a week with a new recipe.   Thank you for all of your support, and Happy Baking. Natalie



Ingredients:
Adapted from- Picky Palate
-1 cup butter softened 
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
-1 /2 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-2 cups Glutino frosted Corn Flakes(or GF Frosted Corn Flake of your choice)
-2 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread flour
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips( I would do all chocolate next time)
-1cup vanilla chips( or white chocolate)




Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, spray the pan with baking spray.  Bake for 10-12 min, the top will be lightly browned, but soft and chewy on the inside.
2-Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, next add the salt, soda and baking powder. Mix well and scrape sides.
3-Now add the eggs and combine well, then add the frosted flakes and mix them in ( they will break up nicely) then add the flour and mix well.  Scrape the sides
4- Now add in the chocolate chips and mix in, then scrape the sides and form into balls and bake.






A
Favorite thing!

There is something so good about the crunch of those frosted cornflakes!  Irresistible!!










These are some Beautiful pictures of Southern Utah, in Kolob Canyon.





If you are ever in Utah stop by and see our beautiful RED rocks, and fantastic warm weather!


My son's favorite of the day, there was a tractor grave yard, 200 in all...organized by color.

No comments: