Saturday, September 7, 2013

Gluten Free Fudge with Peanut Butter Cups

Pin It

                Fudge with Peanut Butter Cups


     It will be 2 years this November, that I received my Celiacs diagnoses, and most of the time I do fairly well.  However, this past month it has taken EVERY  last ounce of willpower I have in my body to not drive to my favorite sandwich shop, and eat a 24 inch sandwich (which I could never do) but for pure gluten intake sake I would force myself to gag it down!! If I'm going to get sick, I'm going to make myself REALLY sick, but this is just my fantasy I'm talking about, you know, you all have"A what if fantasy too"!  Come on, don't kid yourself, admit it, at least to yourself . :)  
     Well, since I am trying to be a good girl, I've been a very busy  treat making girl.  Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate ,it soothes the savage soul, or at least it feeds and fills one of my basic food groups!  Fudge is requested at my house during the Holidays, but as I mentioned above I was feeling weak, and it's SUPER EASY and quick to make.  Usually, I just make plain fudge, but if plain fudge is good, fudge with Peanut Butter Cups is even better!!
I hope you enjoy the fudge, and Happy Baking, Natalie

 

Ingredients:
Adapted from, Eagle Brand Recipes
-3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips(or half milk chocolate)
-1 (14oz can) sweetened condensed  milk
-Dash of salt
-8 full sized Reese's Peanut Butter cups(put them in the freezer)
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-5 TB heavy cream


Prepare:
1-line an 7x11 inch pan with aluminum foil, over the edges, this helps you to get it out.
2-Melt the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a heavy sauce pan, on low.  Remove from the heat, add in the salt, vanilla and whipped cream, whisk it all together until smooth.
3-Chop the Peanut Butter Cups into whatever size chunks you like, then stir into the fudge, and pour into prepared pan, and spread evenly in the pan.  Put a few crumbles on top if you like.
4- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm, then use the foil to lift out of the pan and cut into squares.

 Microwave method:
1-Combine the chocolate and condensed milk in a 1 quart glass bowl, on high 100 %  for 3 total minutes, but you must check it at 1 1/2 minutes and give it a stir.  Don't cook it more then 3 minutes, it dries it out. (trust me on this)
2-Proceed as above from here.
 


  I like to give this to my friends during the Holidays, so I stock up on chocolate chips when they go on sale, then I wrap it up in pretty little bags.  This fudge is REALLY rich, so you don't have to load up tons, just nice, bite sized pieces.






Seriously,can't you just taste this?





No comments: