Friday, May 10, 2013

Gluten Free White Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes

Pin It           White Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes




      The funniest thing happened, when I took my cupcakes to the Easter Family party; I told my nephew Daxton, hey these cupcakes have a surprise in them.  So I had them in the fridge, so they were cold (because I like every treat cold) so Dax proceeded to bite into the cupcake and FREAKS OUT, then yells "Aunt Natalie, so you didn't cook them all the way, that is NOT a cool surprise!!!"  We couldn't stop laughing, I told him no, look at it, it's PUDDING in the middle, he was much happier to know that!   In the end Dax really did like the cupcake and ate several, I've converted all of my Non-Gluten Free relatives to trust me and just try it, I promise I will never feed you garbage!!   I hope you like this easy and tasty recipe, Natalie




Ingredients:
-1 GF Betty Crocker Yellow Cake mix
-1 cube of butter (melted,not hot)
-3 large eggs 
-2/3 cup buttermilk
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
-Sugar Free White Chocolate pudding 1oz. ( you will use this later)


Mix all the ingredients together on medium for 2 minutes, make sure and scape the sides down.  Fill the cups 1/2-2/3 full, the batter will be nice and thick.      
     
     Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 min, check with toothpick and when it comes out clean, you are good. 

Once your cupcakes are cool, then whip up your White Chocolate Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
Hand whip it with a whisk quickly until it is all blended, and put it in the fridge, it sets up really fast since you are not using all of the milk...extra rich and creamy!
    -How to get the pudding in the cupcakes, I went to my local Hobby Lobby and purchased a decorator bag and some fun tips. ( in case I haven't mentioned, I'm not a decorator, I'm a Hairstylist by profession)  So fill the bag with pudding, and put on a nice straight tip, then insert into the cupcake and SQUEEZE until it starts to come out the top (you will be frosting over the top). 

 
Ok, so I know the frosting looks a little goofy but, we were trying out some of those fun tips I bought.  The kids decided the orange frosting looked like hair, and worms, whatever makes the food more FUN  to eat!!

  Cream Cheese Frosting:

- 1 package room temperature cream cheese

- 1 cube butter(softened)

- 1 tsp real vanilla

- 4 1/2 - 5 cups powdered sugar( depending on how sweet    you like it)

 -1 dash salt

- if I want to make it extra good, I at WHIPPING CREAM, instead of milk....it is to Die for, SERIOUSLY!!




 I actually was so busy getting ready for the Easter party, I forgot to check how many cupcakes this made.  I think about 18, they were super YUMMY, but I would keep them in the fridge until about 20-30 before you want to eat them.  Remember, you have pudding and cream cheese in there.


 Just a few pictures,with my kids and some of the nieces and nephews, that I could manage to get in the picturesThis is right before our Egg Hunt, Daxton is the cute kid in the tree with the white hat.  I love all these kids to pieces, they are so much fun to be with!!  Love you guys, love Aunt Natalie



I'm missing some kids, they will want me to know. :)






No comments: