Monday, April 29, 2013

Gluten Free Strawberry Delight

Pin It

                  Strawberry Delight












     In case I haven't mentioned it, I love anything with Strawberries or Peaches in it(as long as it's not cooked).  So a couple of weeks ago, I saw the Strawberries in the store again and decided it was time to make something new, and SUPER FATTENING with said Strawberries,  this tasty treat is what I came up with.   We have all the elements to make greatness, Strawberries, cake, cream cheese, and whipped cream; seriously, what more can you ask for in one dessert?  Maybe Chocolate, but you can add that yourself if you would like.   I think this dessert turned out great,  it was quick and easy, plus, it looks FANCY, so people will be looking at how nice it looks and not wondering if it is Gluten Free!   I really hope you try it, let me know what you think.  Happy Baking, Natalie






Ingredients:
-2 gluten free Betty Crocker cake mixes (yellow) or I used 1 from Gluten Free Heaven (it makes 2 round pans) 
-This is for each cake-
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
-1 cube butter slightly melted
-2 tsp vanilla
-3 large eggs

   Bake as the instructions say, I have found about 30 minutes bake time. 2- 9x9 inch pans, sprayed with Pam.  Make sure and cool them completely.

 Cream Filling:
-1 container of Strawberries
-1 16 oz container of Cool Whip
(or make your own and use heavy whipping cream, and sweeten it to your taste)
-8oz package of cream cheese at room temperature 
-1/3-1/2 cup of powdered sugar- mix the powdered sugar and the cream cheese together with a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix until they are nice and fluffy and you like the sweetness.  Then add in the Cool Whip or whipped cream, and mix it together until fluffy, but don't over do it.

                                                         

                                                                                     Putting it together:
-Slice up your Strawberries
-Spread half of the Cream Filling on the bottom cake, make it THICK
-Then add a layer of Strawberries
-Cake again
-Cream Filling
- Strawberries to finish off and make it look pretty.
  When you are all done putting it together, let it rest in the fridge for 2 hrs so everything can set, and chill.  The cake  tastes much better when it's cold, and stays together better.   



This was my treat to my family for Easter, and it didn't last long. :)




Here is my little family, they hate when I put photos of them on, but oh well!   These are just a couple of my  tasters , they have helped make going Gluten Free much easier! Love you, Mom






No comments: