Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Gluten Free Caramel Chex Mix

Pin It                               Caramel Chex Mix



     Caramel Chex Mix; well, what can I say about this DELICIOUS, ADDICTING treat, except that every time I make it I lose all my will power and want to eat the ENTIRE bowl all by myself!!!  Yikes, it is sooo bad, this is just like my cookie problem!  Now, if only I had a house cleaning problem, that would be awesome!  This is one of my favorite things to make, it's super easy and I can feed a crowd, plus most people have these ingredients in their pantries all the time.  Also, I gave the recipe to my friend Janey, her son has a dairy allergy, so she made this with margarine and said it turned out just fantastic too!   I was so happy to hear, it was something her whole family could enjoy too!     
    It is just amazing, every person I talk to, whether it be someone I already know, or a person I've just met, because they all seem to know at LEAST 1 PERSON who has some kind of food allergy.  I am so glad that it is more common to hear Restaurants, Cruise Lines, Airports, Hotels and Theme Parks(Disney) trying to accommodate those of us with these food allergies and allowing us to feel  NORMAL like everyone else.  I hope you make this recipe and share it with your friends and family too! Natalie


Ingredients:
-2 cups butter
-2 cups brown sugar
-1 cup light corn syrup
-1 box Corn Chex (14oz)
-1 box Rice Chex  (12oz)

Put the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a pan on med-low to medium heat.  It takes about 10 total minutes to cook, I cook it, stirring frequently, with a plastic spoon or spatula, only until all of the brown sugar has dissolved.  Once the brown sugar has dissolved let it boil about 2 minutes, then turn it off, and cool for a couple of minutes before you pour it over all of the cereal.   USE A VERY LARGE BOWL FOR ALL OF THE CEREAL, SO YOU CAN MIX IT TOGETHER.    I like to put M&M's in mine, but don't put the M&M's in until it has cooled for a few minutes or it will melt them.  Stir, as it cools to keep the caramel off the bottom

 

These are just three of my favorite taste testers, my nephew Hudson, my son Brayden and my daughter Alex.  They are brutally honest about about whether they like my treats or not!  Love you! 
   

This is about the quantity, between all these pictures I can personally eat(so now you know my dirty little secrets, I love treats!) IT'S SO SAD!!  Thank goodness others like my food, so I won't eat it all!






No comments: