Sunday, January 6, 2013

Super Moist Gluten Free Banana Cupcakes

Pin It

Super Moist, Gluten Free Banana Cupcakes

 

 
     Oh my goodness, I can hardly believe Christmas has past.  But my poor blog can sure tell, it's not that I didn't bake; but between everyone passing around sicknesses and work, I didn't get a chance to get a recipe up.  I have to just whine about the cold, it has been so stinking cold here, that every chance I get I am using any excuse to heat my oven up and warm up the house a little extra!  So, while I am locked away for the winter all I can do is think about how to make old recipes, accessible for the Gluten Free masses!  I have to say, these cupcakes are WONDERFUL, my brother-in-law ate 5 in one sitting.  He was so funny, he would eat one, then another, saying he was just making sure they really tasted "Good" and not GF.  This is a recipe I found on the Martha Stewart website, I just tweaked it for all of us.  Like I said it is wonderful, if you don't love it, I would be suprised.  Natalie

 

 Ingredients:

-1 1/2 sticks butter(slightly melted)

-1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed(it called for light, I only had dark, worked great)  -3 large eggs

-4 very ripe bananas or 2 cups

-3/4 cup Buttermilk

-1 tsp pure vanilla extract 

 -3 cups Pamela's Bread flour( plus 6TB corn starch, sift them all together) this makes it like cake flour

They turned out so nice,  tall and fluffy!!

-2tsp baking soda

-1tsp baking powder

-1/2 tsp salt

-1/2 tsp cinnamon   



 

Mix: First mix together the butter and the brown sugar until they are nice and creamed, about 2 minutes.  Then add the bananas, the salt, the soda, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla, mix them all tell they are combined and scrape the sides.  Next, add the buttermilk and mix, then add 1 cup of flour at a time, then 1 egg, and mix, repeat until all three are combined, make sure and scrape the sides down, MIX UNTIL ALL OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS ARE COMBINED.  

 

Bake at 350 degrees, for 22minutes.  This recipe makes 28 cupcakes.

 






















 




1 comment:

NoellePratt said...

My husband and I loved these, and we don't even have to eat Gluten Free.