Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gluten Free Nutella Krispies

Pin It

                       Nutella Krispies



     Since I was a kid, I have always loved Riced Krispy treats, and then I was introduced to Scotcheroos as an adult and those are FANTASTIC!!  However; it has been awhile since I have had either, but I was so excited when Kellogg' s decided to make GF Rice Krispies!! So I was trying to decide what I would like to make for my family, and first I thought Scotcheroos, my daughter had a FIT, she hates peanut butter, so back to the drawing board.....thinking......thinking......thinking,  NUTELLA!! I absolutely LOVE Nutella, I could just eat it straight off the spoon, and with strawberries Alex and I could eat the entire big jar from Costco, in one sitting! YIKES!!!   So, I decided to make Nutella Krispies, and feed my need for both; they were a huge hit with the family and neighbors, I hope your family enjoys them as much as we did.  Natalie 
 

Ingredients:

I have to put this out there, my family likes them really thick, so this is a double recipe.

-2cups light corn syrup

-2cups sugar

-2cups Nutella

-1 box GF Rice Krispies plus 1 cup (1box =11 cups)

-1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips 

Directions:I used a 12 quart pot-  Add the Nutella, Corn Syrup and sugar, cook on medium heat and stir frequently until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture begins to boil.  Then remove from the heat and add the Rice Krispies and stir until they are all coved in the Nutella mixture.  Press into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam, if you want it to go farther then use a large cookie sheet. 

                                                                    

 I always spray my hands with Pam at this point, and use them to press down the Rice Krispies.  They don't stick to my hands and I can make it all even in the pan.

Next, get a microwave safe bowl and pour your chocolate chips in and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stir in between; once the chocolate is all melted pour it onto the Nutella Krispies and try and smooth them evenly.  Let them cool until the chocolate has hardened, then cut and enjoy. 

 

   

No comments: