Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Suprise Cake

Pin It

       Cinnamon Swirl Surprise Cake

 

 

     I had some pumpkin left over from Halloween, so I just couldn't let it go to waste.  I made a Pumpkin  Sheet Cake, and decked it out with black cream cheese frosting; funny thing about that, half of my family wouldn't eat because of the color.  Lesson learned,  just use boring food colors for coloring frosting from now on.   So, with pumpkin being so expensive I couldn't throw the rest of the can away.  However, since I have a Pinterest problem, I got onto my boards looking for   a recipe that looked good; I found 6, I let my family decide which recipe I would make today, this is the one my husband liked the best, by looks alone.  After I made it, my husband and kids all really LOVED it, and said it would make a perfect THANKSGIVING dessert!!  So give it a try, I hope you love it too

These are just a few of my family, Ghost and Ghouls




This recipe was adapted from the Picky Palate

 Ingredients:

-1 box Gluten Free Betty Crocker, yellow cake mix (15oz)

-3 large eggs

-1/2 cup vegetable oil

-1/2 cup buttermilk 

-1 oz vanilla instant pudding, ( I used sugar free,fat free)

-1/2 cup sour cream

-1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree

 

Bake at 350 degrees 33-35 min, in a 14x18 in large cookie sheet.  Spray it with Pam.  Cool for 15 min before you drizzle the glaze.

 

1-   Combine-the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin puree in a mixer or large bowl.  Let them mix for about 2 minutes.   Then pour onto the pan, make sure and spread evenly.

2- Next-melt the butter, then add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir them together, until they are combined.  Then drizzle it over the batter, and use a knife and swirl it around (I may have gotten a little excited and over swirled, but it sure looked pretty)

  

  Cinnamon Swirl:

 -1/3 cup (6 TBS) butter melted

- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

-1/2 tsp cinnamon 

  Glaze:  

-3/4 powdered sugar

-1/4- 1/2 cup heavy cream( depending on how thick you want it)  

3- With the glaze, use a mixer and mix the powdered sugar and the cream together, until they are mixed nice and smooth.  Then drizzle it over your cake when it is cooled a bit.

 













I think this is a really light dessert, and would be great after Thanksgiving, and it was SO easy to make!




This is my niece, black teeth and tongue from the black frosting.

This one of my Favorite Witches, Sophie!

 

No comments: