Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gluten Free Fantastic Pumpkin Sheet Cake

Pin It

          Fantastic Pumpkin Sheet Cake




     I love Fall, I love everything about Fall; leaves changing colors, cooler days and nights, making soups, the pumpkins growing in my garden, jeans,tall boots, sweaters, blankets, hot chocolate, decorating for Halloween and just spending time with my family snuggled in my basement watching moviesWhile I was thinking about Fall, I decided it was time for Pumpkin desserts, and my quest to not go without for the Holidays this year!!  So I looked at tons of different pumpkin cake recipes, then decided to make one exactly how I would like it to taste, honestly this turned out FANTASTIC, and I couldn't be happierI hope you like it too, Natalie




Ingredients:

-2 cups of pumpkin puree

-2 cups granulated sugar

-1 cup of buttermilk

-4 large eggs

-1/4 tsp ginger

-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon(if you love cinnamon add more)

-2 1/2 tsp baking soda

-1/2 tsp salt

-2 cups Pamela's Bread flour

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake for 43-45 min,  or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested in the center.  Use a 13x18 metal cookie sheet, spray with Pam cooking spray.  Cool the cake completely before you frost.

  

      Mix together the sugar, pumpkin and buttermilk, mix them until they are all well incorporated.  Next add the eggs, cinnamon, ginger,salt and soda, scrape the sides and then add in the flour mix.  Mix all the ingredients for 2 minutes on low,and scrapes the sides and bottom, to make sure it is all mixed in together.  Once it is all well mixed, pour it into your prepared pan. 




 

 Cream Cheese Frosting:

- 1 package room temperature cream cheese

- 1/2 cup butter(softened)

- 1 tsp real vanilla

- 4 1/2 - 5 cups powdered sugar( depending on how sweet you like it)

 -1 dash of salt

 - milk as needed


1 comment:

julia said...

love this recipe. you can not tell it gluten free, I made a few dozen of these in cupcakes and brought them to my favorite store, Target, for all the great employees they loved them, I have made this many times, I found it on pinterest, Thank you Julia Brooks