Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Surprise Cupcakes

Pin It

Chocolate Zucchini Surprise Cupcakes

 

   When I was making a Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe, my good friend Niccole gave me to convert to GF,  after I had converted it, I loved it so much I wanted to make it into a cupcake recipe too; it is FANTASTIC!  As we all know it is growing season and most people either have Zucchini coming out their ears, or family and friends who have that problem, and would love to drop some off at your house, so the question is what to do with it all.  In my world why not make a TREAT with it, I guarantee there will be no complaining about having Zucchini tonight, and with the surprise of caramel in the middle, you can't lose.  I hope you love this recipe, Natalie.



Ingredients:

 -1 cup brown sugar

-1 cup granulated sugar

-1 cup vegetable oil

-1 TBS pure vanilla extract

-1/2 tsp baking powder

-1tsp salt

-1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa (I use half dark/ half regular unsweetened)

-2 eggs

-1/2 cup buttermilk

-2tsp baking soda

-2 cups grated zucchini

-2 3/4 cups Pamela's Bread flour

-1 package of caramels

- cupcakes liners

  Mix the sugars, oil, vanilla, baking powder, salt and  cocoa together.  Scrape the sides, then add eggs, buttermilk, soda, zucchini and scrape again, lastly add the flour.  Mix for 2 min on low.  Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill the cupcake, insert the caramel in the middle, don't push all the way to the bottom, then cover with a spoonful of batter.

     Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, bake for 30-33 min or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center, but don't push it down into the caramel.  Should make 26 cupcakes.

   

I have a really great Cream Cheese frosting recipe if you are wanting to frost it with that, just look under Cream Cheese frosting in my posts.





 

 



No comments: