Saturday, August 18, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Pin It

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
      As you probably know it is Zucchini season again, and I never want to let any of the fresh Zucchini to go to waste.  So my friend Niccole, who is also GF had this WONDERFUL recipe  that she loved to make when she wasn't GF and really wanted to enjoy this cake again.  So I put forth my best effort to convert this recipe for her and EVERYONE else, it is so DELICIOUS, and what a good way to get a vegetable into a treat and not have your children know!   There is no way your kids will even think about a vegetable being in this dessert, all they will see is chocolate goodness.  Thanks again Niccole, and thanks for tasting all of my desserts; even the not so good ones too!   I need to also say thanks to all of my neighbors who are NOT GLUTEN FREE , thank you all for being such good sports, and taste testing all of my Desserts  and giving me all of your input and taste buds.   Happy Baking,  Natalie  


  Ingredients-

-1 cup brown sugar

-1 cup granulated sugar

-1 TB pure vanilla extract

-1/2 tsp baking powder

-1 tsp salt

-2 tsp baking soda

- 1/3 cup cocoa( I use half dark/ half regular Hershey's unsweetened )

-3 large eggs

-1/2 cup butter milk

- 2 cups grated zucchini 

-2 3/4 cups Pamela's bread flour

-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips Guittard (they are GF) 

        Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake for 36-38 min or if poked with a toothpick in the center it comes out clean.  Use a large sheet pan 1x13x18, spray it with Pam cooking spray.  When the cake is poured in just smooth it to the sides with a spatula.  

 

 Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixer or large bowl,add the flour last, make sure and scrape the sides down.  Once you have added the flour, mix all of the ingredients on low for 2 minutes; if you don't it will make your cake have AIR BUBBLES for some strange reason.   Make sure and cool it completely before frosting.  I frosted my first cake with chocolate and the second one with cream cheese, I had people who liked both; I happen to like the cream cheese because of the contrast with the chocolate.  Either way, I hope just enjoy it!  I do have a cream cheese recipe post if you would like to try my recipe.


 

No comments: