Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gluten Free Strawberry Shortbread Dessert

Pin It

Strawberry Shortbread Dessert..

I was walking into the  grocery store the other day,  they had a display of fresh strawberries, right underneath a blower.  Oh my gosh the smell of the strawberries was Amazing, I had to stop and buy some; then once I had them I knew, I had to make something fresh,and delicious!  I couldn't wait until I had a spare minute, I love strawberries, and the mandarin oranges were just a bonus!  Natalie

Ingredients:

-1 cup softened butter

-1/2 cup sugar

-2 cups Pamela's Bread flour

-2 tsp baking powder

   Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9x13 pan.  Bake for 15 min.

   Beat the butter and sugar until they are creamed, then add the baking powder and flour, mix just until combined.  Take the batter and pat it down into the prepared pan, when it is cooked it will be light in color, with a slight golden color on the edges.  Cool completely.

  Cream Filling:

- 2 packages cream cheese softened (8oz each)

- 5 TBS whipping cream

- tsp real vanilla

- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar

- 3 cups sliced strawberries 

- 2 cans mandarin oranges

  Mix together in a large box or mixer cream cheese and whipped cream, until smooth, then add vanilla, and powdered sugar until combined.   When they are all mixed smooth them onto prepared shortbread, and decorate with strawberries and mandarin oranges, slice and enjoy.  This is pretty rich, it should serve 20.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUMMY! My husband and I were amazed at how delicious these gluten-free bars were. The cookie was soft and chewy and the filling was awesome! I didn't want to stop at one!