Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake balls

Pin It
Strawberries and Cream Cake balls





 1- GF Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
 3 eggs
 3/4 buttermilk
 2 tsp real vanilla
 1/2 cup of melted butter
   
    Mix together all of these ingredients, it will be nice and thick.  Spread it into a greased 9x13 pan, bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.  Make sure and cool this cake completely.
   When the cake is completely cool, crumble it up in small pieces.

  Next add, 1/3- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries or frozen ( just make sure the frozen ones are unthawed and squeezed dry)  dice them up into to bite size little pieces, then rough chop them again, it will make them a little softer.
  1- 8 0z softened at room temperature cream cheese.
Mix the strawberries, and cream cheese together with the cake crumbles,until they are combined, then start to roll them in balls. Makes 26-40
  When they are balled place them unto a sprayed(Pam) cookie sheet, an then put them in the freezer for 1-2 hrs or even overnight.


  I always freeze mine in advance, then all I have to do is dip them, and I can do it in 20 min.  Use white dipping chocolate or white chocolate candy coating.  If you need to thin your chocolate, use a teaspoon of Crisco and it works wonders.  I use toothpicks when they are frozen, to help with the dipping, gives me something to hold on to.  Once you get the hang of this, you can whip it out very quickly.

  I really hope you like this recipe as much as I enjoyed, converting it; this is my new favorite treat!  Natalie






In the past couple of weeks, I have had several people ask me where I buy my flour and cake mixes, so I decided I had better let people know where they can pick up these items.  Well, the fact that I have gone through bags of Pamela's Pancake mix, we decide to signup with Amazon and get on the delivery system, it makes it much cheaper and the shipping is free.  Now I am just stock piling pancake mix.  Also, I really like to keep Betty Crocker chocolate, yellow and brownie mixes on hand too, they are fabulous, but really expensive, so I also order them on Amazon and have them shipped every 4 months, and I can order a case of whichever I need at the time; it makes whipping up a quick dessert so easy.  I also use King Arthurs flour, it is not any cheaper online, so just watch the stores for sales and it's not too bad.  I always make sure I have a Gluten Free pantry, real vanilla, I use Jello brand pudding and jello, (Kraft foods are pretty good for having GF items) Kraft cream cheese, real Cool Whip, butter milk, food gels for coloring.....I am super careful and if I question on anything, I will look it up and if I don't find an answer I don't use it.  Better to be safe then sorry :)  I hope this has been helpful, Natalie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I just died and went to Heaven!! These are fabulous!