Monday, April 9, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Nutella Cake Balls

Pin It

Chocolate Nutella Cake Balls


This was the very first dessert I ever made Gluten Free.  That is why there is only 1 picture, I never thought I would even being doing this blog( who needs more then 1 picture anyway, me!)   I love these, but I can honestly say, I could eat Nutella with a spoon!   I have taken these many places and no one can ever tell they are (GF), I love it!!  Try them, tell me what you think, Natalie


1- GF Betty Crocker  chocolate cake mix

3 eggs

1 cup butter milk

1 stick of butter( melted)

1tsp. vanilla


Follow mixing instructions on cake mix, except for when it says water, you add buttermilk.  Pour into a 9x13 inch greased baking pan.  Cook at 350 degrees for 25-28 min or until, you check with a toothpick and the center comes out clean.  Let the cake cool completely.

Step 2- crumble the cake into a large bowl, crumbs and all.
1 cup Nutella is then added to the cake crumbs, stir together with a spoon or your hands which ever is easier, until it is a thick consistency.

Step 3- I then spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray, roll the cake into whatever size balls you would like.  Lay them on the tray, and put them in the freezer for an 1-2 hours, or even overnight.

Step 4- When they are frozen they can be stored in a freezer bag, to be finished at a later time, which is so nice.  Pull them out of the freezer, dip them in dark or milk melting chocolate.  Melt a little white melting chocolate, to either color or just drizzle on the top, to finish the look.

My family really loves these; I just make them, and store them in the freezer for a quick treat!  My Gluten eating sister even requested them for Easter, kids and adults alike were enjoying these rich, chocolatey treats.





3 comments:

NoellePratt said...

I made these for my family and everyone loved them. You would never know they are Gluten Free.

Unknown said...

Do you know about how many cake balls one recipe makes?

Natalie said...

Kim,

These make 28-34 cake balls, depending on how many my family eats in the process of making them, and how big we make them. The HELPERS, usually make it so I have 28.
Thanks for the question, Natalie